THE OFFICE OF THE CONSUL GENERAL
The Consul-General is the highest ranking official and the Head of Ghana’s Mission in Jeddah i.e. The Consulate-General of the Republic of Ghana. He is assisted by Consul and a Vice Consul all of whom are career consular corps.
The-Consul-General is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Consulate-General, including management of its personnel, Finance and Accounts, Estate and General Services.
This section consists of an Administrative Assistant who undertakes preliminary reviews passport and issuance of visa stickers as well as other duties assigned by the Consul-General. This section also consists of a Translator, a consular assistant and a secretary.
The Consular section operates within the confines of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963. The various roles handled at the consular section are:
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Certificates (ETC).
- Visa issuance.
- Authentication of legal documents.
- Renewal of expired Ghana passports.
- Consular assistance to Ghanaian national in Prisons, Deportation Centres, Hospitals and any other detention centres.
- Medical repatriation and death related issues.
- Registration of Ghanaians in Jeddah and its environs.